Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server run by a web hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a glance at them. Thus, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to build a web site, mail addresses, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by various companies, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely false explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between autonomous sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous number of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the service is generally free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some corporations provide web space hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you desire to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many videos as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific web content exclusively.